Friday, September 26, 2008

My Munson Tribute

My plan was to save this post until closer to Halloween given the context of the picture. Anyway, I decided to bite the bullet and go ahead and post it because I really didn't do much to honor Larry's retirement announced earlier this week. It's not much but they say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

All that aside, here you go.

Halloween 2007,

my costume,

one Mr. Lawrence Harry Munson.



Rumor has it Larry might be a "team captain" for the game Saturday. I doubt this will be the case because Larry is notoriusly modest. As far as honoring the legend of Larry Munson, if he is in fact standing at midfield for the coin toss, expect Sanford Stadium to fall down, the booths to come apart, now they will have to renovate that place...hmm...that sounds familiar. In other words, if you're lucky enough to be one of the 92K+ Saturday with a ticket, be ready to salute our 12th man in case honors are given.

...not to be confused with Arizona State's 12th man.

GO DAWGS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, those age spots look fantastic. Who helped create such realistic aging?

Mackie said...

They are realistic because I got them from living with an Alabama fan.

Ally said...

Chris Fowler wrote yesterday that they'd invited Larry to make an appearance on GameDay to give a bow to UGA fans. They'll be showing a tribute to him as well. When I read that piece yesterday, they did not have a commit from Munson.

I doubt he stops by. He's not one for a lot of pomp, but it wouldn't surprise me if he called in like he did during last year's Bama game.