Friday, September 5, 2008

Pain makes you feel alive.

Sorry for the light posting today. This morning I made a doctors appointment because I woke up with some serious pain in my upper-back. My wife thinks it's because I sleep with 3 pillows, my doctor (after squeezing my rib cage and having me fall off the chair in pain) thinks it's because I have inflammation in the joints of my spine among other sore muscles. I like to think my wife is correct because:

#1 she is right 99.9% of the time about everything else.
#2 she wasn't the one who gave me a cortisone shot in the ass.

Between that and 3 heavy duty prescription pain killers I've spent most of the day laying on the couch and drooling...which sounds like the typical Friday to me, HEY-OOOoooooo!!!!111

Doctor said the shot should help the fact I'll be sitting without any upper-back support in Sanford Stadium tomorrow but unfortunately I can't be chasing shots of whiskey with my "pain go bye-bye" pills. So really this post is a call out to any and all readers who are willing to lend me their livers starting at 3:30pm tomorrow.

I need someone to cover for me since I will have to miss part of my Gameday Ritual. Anyone out there who is willing to do 4 shots of whiskey with a squirt of lemon-juice concentrate at the beginning of each quarter will be given a special honor the following week. If you take pictures of yourself taking up my ritual of a shooter at the beginning of every quarter, email them to me and I will post them on my site under the headline, HEROS OF GAMEDAY.

Any takers? Our victory over Central Michigan may hang in the balance, and I don't think any of you want that cloud hanging over you if we lose. Shoot me a heads up in the comments section if you can help me out.

No comments: