Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Gambler



Darrell Gamble made me happy today. Knowshon made me happy today. Matthew Stafford made me happy today. Blair Walsh made me happy today. For the most part, the Dawgs made me happy today.

If you want to see be bitch and moan, the only area of gameplay you'll find it was in our defense. Our impecable run defense COULD. NOT. STOP. LSU's Charles Scott. Other than that and giving up a couple of garbage TDs, I'm satisfied with the win.

I'm not as happy with the win as much as I'm happy with the offense. Our offense has been dragging it's butt on the grass like my dog trying to pass one of my wife's hairs. We finally clicked. We finally had a solid gameplan. Mike Bobo, as Gary Danielson said over and over again, was having the time of his life in Death Valley. Putting 52 points up in LSU's stadium (which is widely considered one of the most difficult places to play) makes me really happy. Also the 5 Jack Daniels (straight up...I'm off caffiene) made me pretty damn happy too. Blair Walsh breaking the kicking curse was awesome, and I can't blame him for missing that 54 yarder.

Hear me now and believe me later, next week's Cocktail Party will be a game for the ages. My pessimism is at a drinker's low right now, but I'm predicting a Georgia win by 10. I reserve the right to change that number daily as the day draws closer, but seeing Georgia playing with some offensive authority makes my confidence go "Yay!".

I will most likely regret this later, but I'm throwing it out there that if Georgia wins next weekend, I'll be running around my neighborhood sans pants with pictures to come.

But thank you Dawgs for the win tonight. I wanted to believe we would win, but deep down in my heart I wasn't convinced. We just had our season changing game, I feel much better about Florida next weekend.

Time to throw some Bagel Bites in the oven and ready myself for Bama/Tennessee. I'll get some more stuff up next week leading into the Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party, it's too big of a game to let work take the lead like last week did. Go Dawgs, and F#$% Florida!

WOOOOoooo!!!1!!one!1!!!January!!!1!!Texas Longhorns!!!1!!!juan!


I love you Darrell Gamble

1 comment:

AuditDawg said...

HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!?!?! Agreed with your points. I can't wait til the Cocktail Party next week. Seriously, it's not every day that you walk into Tiger Stadium and score 50+ points. Great day to be a Bulldog.