Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Coaching Staff Concerns

I went to a prayer breakfast up in Kennesaw today and Coach Mark Richt was the guest speaker.

This isn't spring-football related but he did mention that a member of the coaching staff was going through a tough time because his mother was dying of pancreatic cancer. He said he wasn't going to name names, but he used this example to tie in how you can spend your life trying to make mankind happy, but you're wasting your time because when it's over, it's over.

Of course he put it much more eloquently than I did, but this coaches father had already passed away due to cancer and his mother was presumed to have approx 6 months left (IF I heard that correctly).

This isn't an attempt to break news, it's more-or-less an attempt to bring some prayer concerns to those who care. I felt the need to pass this along because yesterday I discovered a member of our neighborhood supper-club passed away in January and my wife and I completely missed the boat on sending condolences to his wife.

So if you're the praying type, just remember those whom put on the show for us are real people and deal with life's crappy circumstances as well.

No comments: