Thursday, August 28, 2008

While I'm at the Tech/JSU game...

As I posted a while back, I've purchased tickets to the JSU/Tech match-up for tonight. I'm not an avid follower of Jacksonville State athletics, but as Kirk Herbstreet mentioned in an article about SEC unity, I'm really pulling for Ryan Perrilloux to get his #$%@ together and make it back up to where he needs to be in life.

Don't get me wrong, I also want to see Tech lose when possible, but I'm jones'n for some pigskin and wanted to see if JSU might pull the David and "Goliath" (term used loosely) upset to kick the season off. The inner band-geek in me also wants to see The Marching Southerners blast their half-time show over the connector to where the patrons on the Varsity deck can name that tune...because they'll do it.

The Marching Southerners have more members of their Drumline than Tech has fans in the state of Georgia.

There are several things to keep in mind for the DVR tonight:

#1. Falcons @ Ravens (ESPN 8, The Ocho): What?!? NFL!?!? Yeah, I'm not the best Falcons fan out there, but here is why you as a Dawgs fan need to watch the game tonight. The AJC says tonight is what will make or break DJ Shockley's chances of making the cut as the 3rd string QB. Coach says Matt Ryan will take a few snaps and the rest is either for DJ to win or lose. So keep you fingers crossed for Shockley to play lights out and send that bum Joey Harrington packing. Once a Dawg, always a Dawg and DJ is too classy a guy not to get his shot in the pros.

SCRATCH THAT, FALCONS @ RAVENS WON'T BE TELEVISED, BUT I STILL WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.

#2. NC State @ South Carolina (ESPN): I don't really care about either of these two teams. South Carolina isn't gonna do anything but bitch and moan all season whether they win this one or not. It's just a matter if I want Tom O'Brien to shut them up or if I want Coach Richt to. Either way the Gamecock's use of the theme to 2001: A Space Odyssey is plain & simple a GAWD-AWFUL tradition and pretty lame and unoriginal to say the least...but that could be the rivalry talking.

#3. The Hills (MTV): OMG that Audrina is such a HO-BAG! She needs to decide between Justin and that new douche Colin. Also, I really hope Lauren and Doug stay together, they're so PERFECT for each other! AAAWWWWWWWWWWWwwww!!!

4 comments:

Ally said...

Call me crazy, but I really think Jacksonville St has a shot at beating yech.

Mackie said...

You're crazy!
...but man, I think it'd be the cat's pajamas if it did happen.

Unless Tech really chokes on balls tonight they should handle JSU easily. I'd love for JSU to win, but I'm not going to bank on it.

Ally said...

I'm sure you're right, I just read an article about JSU's defense and supposedly they're pretty dammned good. Combine that with Perrilloser & Booker....

I don't know. Stranger things could happen. Lol - dare to dream!

Have fun and tuck fech!

Ally said...

Apparently I am crazy. Damn - so much for the dream.

Totally female comment: those uniforms are hideous!