Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

Not a whole lot of news from this weekend. Pretty much just a lot of Olympics coverage that I'm not going to try and cover. Everyone already knows how awesome Michael Phelps is. If you don't and you get all your news from my blog, then you're a moron...sorry, I love you, but you are.

Anyway, I was pretty pumped about the AP ranking our Dawgs #1. Now with the rankings released those of you who joined the Blogging Pantsless College Football Pick'em can proceed to put your research to good use and make your calls on week one. I for one was excited and immediately jumped into it. Then I came to the painful realization that I don't know which Alabama team will show up to the Georgia Dome and/or whether or not I'm buying into the "Clemson will actually be good this year I promise it's different than last time" hype. So it's off to the blogosphere for me to size up whom my first week's picks will be.

If you haven't joined up yet, it's not too late. You can follow this link.
Group # is "10885"
Password is "nopants"


Saturday, the softball team I coach played their last game. Afterwards we all went to OK Cafe for lunch. After we finished eating we walked to the front to pay our bill, and who do I pass just sitting down to eat some lunch? This handsome devil

I told Arthur "hey" for you, don't worry.

Finally, I watched The Notebook (by choice) with my wife last night to take a break from the Olympics. I swear on this blog that I didn't cry, but here is the best metaphor I can think of. You know when you pour a Coke into a glass and you see the fizz rise and rise and rise and you think OH CRAP IT'S GONNA GO OVER but then you see it make that dome over the rim, but none actually pours over? That glass of Coke was my eyeballs, but I didn't cry.

This next section is devoted to the women who might frequent this site and/or enjoyed The Notebook.

Masochism: mas·och·ism, / [mas-uh-kiz-uhm, maz-]
1. gratification gained from pain, deprivation, degradation, etc., inflicted or imposed on oneself, either as a result of one's own actions or the actions of others, esp. the tendency to seek this form of gratification.
2.the act of turning one's destructive tendencies inward or upon oneself.

...seriously ladies, that behavior isn't healthy. How can you do that to yourselves?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is Michael Phelps?

Mackie said...

I believe if you were to properly portray my grandmother you would have phrased that, "What is a Michael Phelps?"

Anonymous said...

you forget the necessary "the". As in, "What is THE Michael Phelps?"

Scott said...

My three daughters watched that for the first time yesterday. I'm shocked my 15 year old did not become dehydrated...she was still an emotional wreck three hours later.

That's why I like to stick to movies that include fart jokes and/or things getting blowed up.