Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up


Wow, what a weekend eh? I don't know about your neck of the woods but in mine it pretty much looked stormy with gail-force winds for 3 straight days blowing down trees and raining leaves into my gutter all day. THEN it finally decides to rain last night once my gutter is filled up and runs into my attic space and through my ceiling. That means I get up on the roof in the dark with a tarp and a flashlight to clean out my gutter and lay plastic down to stop the run-in.

...and you think you can't wait for football season?

Anyway, I've got big plans for posting this week. My plan is to make this BLOGGING PANTSLESS RITUAL WEEK. I know most fans have their pregame rituals they perform which, regardless of what any wife/girlfriend will tell you, actually does help lead your team to victory. So this week I will be highlighting different parts of what I do to provide that extra bit of positive static in the atmosphere to pump up each player taking the field in a UGA uniform.

Sound crazy? Perhaps, but here's the way I see it. If you have a fish in a puddle of water how important is each drop of water that lands in his puddle? If there is a player who is tired and beat down, there might be that extra bit of spirit in the air (be it a cheering fan in Sanford Stadium or a barking Dawg in Iraq) that gives him the boost of confidence he needs to give it all he's got just one more time. Just like Larry Munson begged the defense to "Hunker it down one more time!" in Auburn, we as fans need to pour every bit of emotion into cheering for our team because it does matter.


This guy is doing his part, how 'bout you?

No comments: