Tuesday, August 12, 2008

One last Skip Caray post

Today was the memorial service at Turner Field for Braves announcer Skip Caray. Oddly enough, it was also his birthday. I know I'd posted the transcript from this call when I heard he'd past away, but I was really excited to find someone removed the video and replaced it with pictures of the famous 1992 NLCS game (which means it can legally be up on youtube).

I figured it wouldn't hurt just to hear it one last time before I put it to rest.



Something that makes me smile is also knowing that after the game was over, Pete Van Weiren looked at him and said something to the effect of "That was a great call, Skip." and Caray turned, looked Pete dead in the eye and told him "What'd I say?!?".

Skip Caray is the reason I hate the wave and will never step on a downed power-line, that among other things made him a giant among men.

No comments: