Wednesday, August 13, 2008

They burned our city now they want to join our team!


Coach Mark Richt continues to raid the Union's battery of quality football players. First it was New Jersey's Knowshon, and now UGA got their 13th commitment of the 2009 signing class in tight end Arthur Fontaine of Dartmouth, Mass.

Fontaine is the #4 ranked TE by Rivals and told the AJC he initially had no intention of coming to play at Georgia.

He said, “But I visited and loved it. Then I visited Georgia again last week and loved it more.”

In my opinion Fontaine is a HUGE pick-up for the Dawgs. Then again I can't imagine a scenario where pulling upper escelon tight ends doesn't pay off (assuming their knees don't turn into butter once practice starts, at the moment league-wide that seems to be a problem with all position players).

Other than excellent coaches & facilities, and being a member of the SEC; I'm willing to go out on a limb and say the fact that Athens is a beautiful college town is also a huge recruiting tool.

This, my friends, is just another reason Tech will not be recruiting to the level of the Dawgs anytime soon.



On the list of things recruits want to see.




...not on the same list, but if you love the triple option let me get a "TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!!1"

3 comments:

Scott said...

Kade Weston, also from NJ.

Mackie said...

touche, I threw out Knowshon because I knew it off the top of my head. Much like my time in college, imagine how great I'd be if I actually did some research!

Sports Dawg said...

No player is too far away to exempt the "clutch of the Dawg"!
Once they know one, they wanna be one!