...well, that sucked.
The worse parts of the loss?
1. The kind of day Mo Mass had we couldn't reward his last game between the hedges with a "W".
2. Terence Moore called it, so either we'll get a column with him gloating, or complaining about the lack of black coaches in the SEC (since Sylvester Croomed himself).
3. We obviously didn't field a very good scout team with our week off to prepare for the triple option.
4. I gotta hear about it at church tomorrow.
5. I can't joke about the triple option anymore this year...because it beat us.
The good news?
1. Tech didn't win their Division.
2. Having Tech score 45 points against us might speed up the departure of Willie Martinez.
3. We still don't play in the ACC.
4. I just saw a clip of the weather in Tallahassee, at least I'm not sitting in that quagmire.Pneumonia for Tebow? Alllll riiiiight!
Aside from all that garbage, does anyone know why we wouldn't try for an on-side kick with 4 minutes left? Given the fact our defense stopped Tech a whopping one time in the second half I figured we would at least try to keep our offense on the field.
It was a sloppy game, on a sloppy field, and we couldn't get the job done. But we only lost by 3 and that's within a pick 6's margin of error. Best of luck to the seniors, Knowshon, and Matthew next year wherever their career choice lands them. I just hate we're going to see Matthew Stafford in a Lions jersey next year (perhaps that will be enough to get him to stick around for another season???).
OOOO, I almost forgot, that was a HORSESH@# intentional grounding call...okay, now I'm done.