Monday, December 1, 2008

...now the healing starts.

What's the best way to get over a loss to your instate rivals? Aside from firing high caliber weaponry and hand-to-hand combat with a sheetrock wall, I like to take a much less sensible approach.

Seeing that it's been 8 years since I last had to cope with this feeling, I was like a lost dawg trying to find a home. So I turned to the only comfort I could find.

I drank a lot of booze and watched the beginning of ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas kickoff. It was a made for TV movie about Dennis the Menace helping Mr. Wilson to find the Christmas spirit...it was corny, awful, poorly executed, and exactly what I needed (the pint of Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream helped too).



Yes my soul hurts, but it can't possibly hurt as bad as a man who has no compassion for Christmas.

My only hope now is we somehow find a way to contain Beanie Wells. Because if we play water-gun coverage on Ohio State like we tried with Tech, we'll go down in history as the only SEC team Ohio State has beaten. And just so you know, there aren't any Christmas movies on television after Jan 1st, this could get ugly.

Go Dawgs, Fire Willie.

No comments: