Part II: The Snuggie.
A few people commented on the last As Seen on TV post about the Snuggie. If you are unfamiliar with the Snuggie, check the commercial out below.
I'd seen this ad before, but the more I watch the creepier it gets.
A whole family decked out in these "blankets with arms" surrounding a fire smacks of Hale Bop.
If you are cold-natured (like yours truly) here is what I would do before considering the purchase of a Snuggie...
1. Turn the heat up...if someone complains tell them to SHUT THE @#$% UP OR ELSE YOU'LL BUY A SNUGGIE AND WEAR IT IN PUBLIC TO EMBARRASS THEM!!1
2. Throw on a sweatshirt. Who needs a blanket with sleeves when you can wear a shirt with sleeves.
3. Use a blanket (sans sleeves) and if the phone rings tell your wife to answer it while taking a break from the dishes/dinner/laundry/child birth.
4. Purchase multiple dogs to sit on and/or around you.
5. Drink hard liquor 'til the chill wears off.
...Hope that helps!
If I receive this for Christmas I will:
Have a pair of black Nike's, $5.75 is a cash advance, and a cup of phenobarbital laced Kool-aid ready to exchange with them. I'll also let them know the spaceship anxiously awaits their arrival.
After all, it's what Marshall would have wanted.