Friday, July 18, 2008

When the cat's away...

This past week I have spent what I think might be the longest amount of time away from my wife since we've been married.

Some of you might not understand how different life is when your significant other isn't around, but it is like being in another world, the world of bachelorhood.

Both worlds have their pros and their cons, but I love my wife, I'm not afraid to admit it so that obviously wins out as the greater of the two. Although, as you can see in the following pictures, my week was filled with things I don't really get to do much as a married man. So I took pictures to document it.


#1 - Hamburger Helper



I understand the importance of "veggie nights" and "meals with sides" but one of my favorite meals when the Mrs. is away is Hamburger Helper. It is easy to cook, takes like 20 minutes to make, tastes pretty good, AND usually makes leftovers for future meals. Mrs. Mackalicious absolutely hates Hamburger Helper, so therefore it is sits next to my $4 bottle of Cooks Champagne in the "Special Occasions" section of the pantry.




#2 - Not Shaving- AKA. The Neck Beard

Let me throw this out there for you guys, I HATE shaving. I hate the way my face feels when it's clean-shaven, I hate trying to shave around an Adam's apple, and if I had it my way I'd have a thick, manly, man-beard. Well, unfortunately my facial hair is so splotchy it makes Matt Cerione look like the guys from ZZ Top. So I usually try to shave once or twice a week because my wife prefers it that way...but she ain't here...to let Scraggle Fest 2008 begin!


#3 Guitar Hero in My Underwear

My wife purchased Guitar Hero III for me as a Valentine's Day present, my life hasn't been the same since. I've found a way to run every single song on the game into the ground for her with constant practicing and enthusiastic, style-heavy performances, God bless her for what she has to put up with. When she leaves, so do the rules of what is proper to lounge around in, therefore late-night shows featuring Through the Fire and Flames occur. Also, I know I have great legs so please don't overload the comments section of this post with flattery.


#4 Excessively Large Cereal Bowls

Is that a mixing bowl? Nope, this week it's a cereal bowl.


Those were just a few highlights of my week as I attempted to celebrate acting single again. Other top moments included sleeping with the radio on, unlimited hot-water, and controlling the remote.

But to be honest with you, I don't think I could keep it up. I'm ready for my wife to get back, #1 because I miss her, #2 because I'm healthier & happier with her around, and #3 because she reads this blog. So if you all will excuse me, I need to go clean house before she gets back.

See you Monday with the Weekend Wrap-up! HOLLA!

UPDATE: After reading this I realize what a lazy slob I sound like, but let me include the smart things I did. Take care of the dogs, do the dishes, make the bed (even though I don't believe in making the bed if you're just going to be sleeping in it again in less than 24 hours), not spend money on eating out every night, and not going with my buddy Big Phil to see The Dark Knight at midnight (he most likely will have his review of it up at My Reel Reviews sometime today if you're interested) when I knew I had work the next day even though I REALLY wanted to see it. So there you have it, I'm a slightly responsible guy who can take care of himself and use good judgement even when his better half is away.

No comments: