Monday, February 2, 2009

When it rains it pours

Last month I wrote a post about a young Alabama fan named Megan Britton who is battling cancer. This update isn't so much about her as it is her family.

Her father Gary Britton had a heart attack last night. I just caught wind of the news from a phone call so the details are lacking. If you remember her mother passed away from breast cancer 2 months before she, herself was diagnosed. I don't know any news about Gary's status, but if you are a religious person the whole Britton family could probably use some kind thoughts.

Gary was the pastor of Jacksonville State University's Baptist Campus Ministry years ago. If you ever want to make God laugh tell him your plans in life. I don't claim to understand why some people can't seem to catch a break in life, but it sucks balls having to watch good people suffer while seemingly the scum of the Earth live it up. Please think about these guys when you say your prayers, I'll keep sending out updates as I hear them.

No comments: