Monday, August 9, 2010

The World's Worst Falcons Fan

That is the title I give myself. I know little to nothing about our team except that DJ Shockley is no longer employed by the organization and that is some UNEXCUSABLE BULL$#*+!!!

But seriously I've only attended 1 Falcons game in my lifetime of living in the metro-Atlanta area. I might have been 6 years old but I could be wrong on that, all I remember is someone spilled a beer on my sister and my father (who is a church minister) was FURIOUS! Unfortunately I doubt that was my sister's only encounter with alcohol in her lifetime. She being a huge Tech fan I'll assume drinking is what helped get her through the last 10 years...but I digress.

Back to topic, I wanted to make a commitment this year to watch more NFL football, primarily in my hometown market. After looking up their schedule I discovered the Falcons play 16 regular season football games. Therefore, I'm making a commitment to sit down and watch 3 Falcons games in their entirety this year. I know dedicating myself to less than 1/5 of a season is pretty underwhelming, but that's just the MINIMUM games I'm going to watch. I'd love to catch more, but I will watch NO LESS than the 3 best match-ups as voted by you. My wife would know best, that's a huge commitment for me.

But I'll need a little help from Falcons fans. Somebody has to instruct me about which games I should catch. Were a person to come to me and say "I want to watch 3 Georgia games this year, which ones should I catch?" my answer would be Florida, Auburn, and Tech (but the hammer-lock we're gonna put on Tennessee would be a SUPER-close 4th). The Falcon's schedule is posted top-right, vote so I have some good games to watch!

Also, please don't vote for a team just because former Bulldogs play for them. I love MoMass as much as the next guy but if the Browns are still the bums I assume they are then they probably shouldn't make the cut.

2 comments:

Ollllddude said...

I guess you are talking about attending the games in person, and if so, God Bless You. The Dome is nice, imo, but there is no real tailgating because there are no good places to do it. I like the Falcons, but I am watching on TV and that is just going to have to be good enough. On TV I will watch most of the games.

Mackie said...

Nope, sorry Ollllddude. I'm not going to ride MARTYR downtown and risk life and limb. I just want to know which ones to see from the comfort of my couch.