Monday, November 2, 2009

Movember

I'm breaking character in this post to help promote a great charitable cause I'm taking part in this month.

The Movember Foundation was created to raise funding for men's prostate and testicular cancers. In doing so participants grow a mustache all month long, garnering support from friends and family in the form of donations.

The money raised in the U.S. will be split between the Prostate Cancer Foundation and the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

The Prostate Cancer Foundation will use the money raised by Movember to fund research to find better treatments and a cure for prostate cancer.

The Lance Armstrong Foundation will use the money raised by Movember to fund:
• the LIVESTRONG Young Adult Alliance program which has the goal of improving survival rates and quality of life for young adults with cancer between the ages of 15 and 40.
• research initiatives to further understand the biology of adolescent and young adult cancers.

I'm dreaming big, friends...REEEEEAAAAAL big.

So, that being said I'd like to ask you to either join my team or support me through my donations page in raising funds for this great cause.

I will be able to track donations and I'm making a special offer to my readers:

Any Blogging Pantsless readers who donate $20 or more will receive an autographed picture (by mail) of my final mustached face taken December 1st before I shave it off.

With an offer like that I don't see how you can turn it down...especially if you are a fan of "To Catch a Predator" because I can readily admit I look like a total pedophile with a mustache.
PARKINZ N UR NAYBURHOOD!

If this sounds too good to be true, you can verify here, but whether it's starting your own team or sponsoring mine, please support this cause. If you make the $20 donation shoot an email to "bloggingpantless(at)yahoo(dot)com" and I'll verify with the site and get a mailing address where I can send you an autographed picture when December rolls around!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog.

UGA is right at home...3rd best team in the SEC East.


Art Vandelay

Mackie said...

...and you want to be my latex salesman?

Just wait and see, the Dawgs will get their act together.

Rick said...

Latex? I'm the honorable judge, Arthur Vandelay. I'm putting Mackie away for a year for sitting on the sidelines and watching Georgia get raped in public in Jaxsonville. Innocent bystander my ass!