Thursday, December 2, 2010

Aaron Murray Highlight Reel

Stole this from Paul at GSB because watching it made me feel hopeful about next year. Great job pr1sonmike!

Outside of Aaron's outstanding play, and AJ Green's catches, the biggest surprises for next year might be WR Tavarres King and TE Orson Charles.

I know I've been M.I.A. since before the Auburn game but just because I haven't been posting doesn't mean I haven't been following the Dawgs.

6-6 isn't how any of us thought this season would end...especially not with THIS schedule.

If nothing else the Tennessee win was fun, but that was probably the apex of the season for me. But I liked that we didn't get obliterated in any games like last year...unfortunately we didn't win many of the close ones either.

I'm surprised at the disappointment in Todd Grantham's defense. Perhaps I'm out of the loop but I planned on giving him a pass this season. Here's hoping he gets the big-ass Nose Tackle he needs this off season.

As far as where my disappointment lies, it's not so much on Coach Grantham, not so much on Coach Bobo, and I still haven't turned on Coach Richt. I don't know who this falls on besides the players themselves, but whomever is in charge of making sure we secure the football...THAT is the guy I'm pissed at.

I didn't relish the win over Tech like I have in the past. My wife is a huge Bama fan and she nailed it when she said "One of us handled a loss to our in-state rival better than the other handled a win." The sloppy play, the fumbles, and our inability to stop their running game was so frickin' irritating.

It reminded me of a fundamentals problem like our receiving corps had when Matthew Stafford was in his early seasons. The frustration I had with our dropped passes back then was surpassed by my outright ANGER at Caleb King and Washaun Ealey coughing up the ball this year.

I lost faith in our running game and our offensive line this season. Compounded with our losses and the learning curve on defense made for the 6-6 nightmare of 2010's regular season.

I'm thrilled we got a "W" over Tech, but I don't think we continue a 9-of-10 style streak very long playing like we did. The best part of the victory was getting more practice in for a Bowl game which hopefully gets us ready for Boise State next season.

I'm not a believer in the Blue-turf Broncos. I think they are a junk team that lucked their way into a few wins over big names. But they are solid in their fundamentals and right now we are not. Advantage Boise State. A loss to them might be the last nail in Coach Richt's coffin for the Dawgs on the fence about his coaching.

Looking forward to the Liberty Bowl, I love my Dawgs even during down years (I fell in love with Georgia during Ray Goff's 4-7 season...that's gotta be worth something). It looks like we'll either be matched up with SMU or UCF...I'd love to face George O'Leary again for old time's sake, but I'd be more comfortable if I was 100% sure we could beat them.

GO DAWGS!

2 comments:

Dawgfan17 said...

That video confirmed what I already thought. He is great but has one thing that he can improve upon by just a touch and it will make the offense explosive. On his long balls he just slightly under throws it. It leads to a completion but gives the defenders a chance to catch the guy so it is a long gain but leads to a a redzone chance instead of a td. If he can either let go of the ball a half second sooner or put an extra yard or two on the throw those will be td's and we will have to worry less about settling for fg's/turnovers in the redzone which will make a huge difference in close games. I fully expect him to work that out this off season. He is going to be a truly special player.

amanda young said...

Yes he is the great player.. he makes his own move that his strategy by the way..
Amanda Vanderpool CEO